> > > Bob just because AlarmForce offers 2 way voice that doesn't make that
> > > particular quality of monitoring out to be bullshit. Using your logic
> > > then your company, and anyone else using digital monitoring must be
> > > pitching bullshit because that's what Crimebusters/ABC Security
> > > offers.
> > > I recommend you sit through a demonstration of 2 way voice response
> > > before jumping to conclusions. When properly installed it is 1000x
> > > better than digital could ever be. 2 way puts the operator in the
> > > house with you. The operator is able to monitor the situation even if
> > > you can't get to the phone. I'll finish this later because the wife i=
> > > pitching a bitch.
>
> > RHC: Come on...get serious...LOL. If this is such a great thing, why
> > is the only company (Alarmforce) using it a complete scam. Even if it
> > was something that a serious company would actually consider, how can
> > a voice listen in feature be anything but confusing to an operator.
> > Besides, assuming someone is home, the only difference is a fraction
> > of a second between a house connection through the mickey mouse
> > speaker, and answering a phone call. And if there is no one home to
> > answer the phone, and the operator has to spend time "listening in",
> > this delays calls to the balance of the calling list. Besides what is
> > he or she to do at that point, since it's pretty obvious that a
> > burglar on premises is sure as hell not going to answer any query
> > coming over the squawk box. She might hear him trashing the place, but
> > I very much doubt that if the speaker is in the keypad the burglar is
> > elsewhere in the bedroom. So what does dead silence tell the
> > operator ?
>
> > I can't believe this is anything other than a marketing gimmick which
> > has great appeal to an uninformed consumer, but little value
> > otherwise. However, if I'm wrong I'm more than willing to listen to
> > valid arguments otherwise. If it's so great, why don't all the
> > monitoring stations push it to the industry.
>
> > There is a well informed gentleman who often frequents the newsgroup
> > who is part of a large monitoring station made up of dealer owners.
> > His first name is Ron something or other....I'd sure like to hear his
> > opinion on the pluses and minuses of this sort of response
> > methodology. <
>
> Are you sure you're not Sicilian? You are thick as a brick ya old
> buzzard. I'm letting Mark explain it because the wife is still up my
> ass. BTW check my damn websites and give your opinion ya fucking
> canuck curmudgeon.

RHC: Thick?...no.....cynical...absolutely! In our industry, the
allmighty buck takes the place of the right or wrong of any
situation ! With total scumbag companies like Alarmforce pushing it,
why wouldn't I be suspicious right off the bat? Wait until this sh*t
comes south of the border, and you'll see..........

BTW, I think that person's name is Ron Weiss and I believe if memory
serves me correctly, the company was called something like "Monitoring
America"