Re: OT: Rainbow

nick markowitz wrote:
> On Oct 26, 11:09 am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> This past Saturday, Oct 24, Fred Stearn "The Rainbow Maker" came to Sarasota's breast cancer awareness 5K walk/run event.  As walkers approached the end of the 5 kilometer path they passed under a natural rainbow in the sky created using fire trucks under Fred's guidance.  This was the second time Stearn created a rainbow for cancer survivors in Florida.  The first time was about 9 or 10 years ago in Naples.
>>
>> Here's how this affected me and my family.  Fred is my brother's and my friend.  The Naples rainbow was named "Mike's Rainbow" and was made in his honor as he fought and defeated lung cancer.  Mike is now cancer free and has been for almost 11 years.  The Sarasota rainbow was "Robert's Rainbow."  Not many people get to have their own rainbow.  :^)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert
>>
>>  Robert L Bass.vcf
>> < 1KViewDownload
>
> Often while fighting fires or during the mop up  we often see the
> rainbows from hose streams  you have to wonder how such a thing of
> beauty emerges during such a tragic event.

I think it has to do with light refraction through suspended water
droplets.  There is no pot of gold at the end of it.  When seen from the
air, a "rainbow" forms a complete circle.  The Bible tells us that God
made the rainbow to serve as a reminder (for Him and us) of the flood.
The Bible was written by a lot of men that weren't educated in the way
of science.  They may have been "inspired", but they were certainly
ignorant of a lot of things.