Re: Manual for Edwards System3 ??

"mleuck" wrote:

> I believe that is the double super secret access code.

If you knew anything about the design of FireShield panels you'd would know
that lockout codes on Edwards are a function of the software -- not the
hardware.  In designing the software we started with the program able to
access the panel with or without the correct code.  Edwards connected a
working panel to the power and phones so we could test the communications
module.

BTW, the entire program is modular, allowing Edwards to add various panels at
will simply by changing the XML schema.  It was the first time this technique
was used for their systems.  Every major I/O function of the software uses the
same modules, with the GUI being modified to fit the type of data fields for
each screen by the schema.  Larger, addressable systems can also be added but
a few additional modules would need to be added.  Since GE bought them out,
they've used the same technique on their own software designs.  I guess they
like what we did.

BTW, I didn't just write the help system.  I designed the user interface,
taught my partners how the systems work and sat in on engineering design
meetings at Edwards.  Though my primary purpose in being there was to make
certain the software would accommodate changes in the final product, I also
had input on the features of the panels.  Since I was the only one at the
table who had actually installed fire alarm systems for a living they wanted
my input.  It was a lot of fun, besides mildly lucrative.

I know you're such an asshole that you'd rather mock than admit that I'm
telling the truth, but that's alright.  I'm still telling the truth and you're
still an asshole.  You proved that once again when I tried to be nice to you
recently.  It's a shame you have nothing of value to add to most of the
threads here -- just snide remarks and general meanness.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics