Re: Foiling ??

"Jim Rojas" wrote:

> I preferred barrier bars on basement windows. Foil just doesn't hold up well
> over time with all the dampness & exposure.

I've used barrier bars on a fair number of jobs as well.  One of my favorite
tricks with basement windows was to run the bar through the hem of the
curtain.  No one could see it and any attempt to dislodge the curtain would
trip the alarm.

As to longevity, I disagree.  Foil can last for a long time if it's installed
right and it isn't abused.  Since the lead stuff disappeared from the market I
stopped using it though.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass