Re: wire stripper recommendation

"CH®IS" wrote:

> Did you at least twist the wires together before using a B connector?

It never occurred to me that one might *not* twist them.  I never really liked B
connectors.  They're supposed to be a time saver in that it's not necessary to
strip the wires -- just twist, crimp and go.  But I didn't trust the connection
so I'd strip them anyway.  The problems with them are:

(1) they're a messy looking way to splice.  A cabinet with a couple of dozen B's
in it looks bad no matter how careful you are.

(2) If you use them to splice recessed contacts it can be difficult to pull the
contact out later without breaking the wire if the B snags on the hole.  Then
you have to fish the darned thing all over.

I like my panels to look really neat and organized. Each wire (except ground)
comes in from the upper left corner, proceeds to the bottom, makes a 90-degree
turn and goes to a point under the appropriate terminal.  Another 90-degree turn
and it goes up to the terminal.  It might sound anal but when you do it that way
the panel is much easier to service later and inspections tend to go really
smoothly (those guys always like neat work).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics