Re: wire stripper recommendation

"Bill" wrote...
> "Christopher Glaeser" wrote in message
>> What is your favorite wire stripper and why?
>>

> I like the kind with one cutter on the end which you use for all sizes of
> wire. Like this...
> http://www.action-electronics.com/grc/xc101sv.jpg
>
> Once you learn how to use this and can cut through just the insulation and
> not any strands of wire and not nick solid wire (learn the right touch),
> you can quickly strip all sorts of different sizes of wire.

I'll second that.  These are also the cheapest strippers you'll find as well
at about $5-10.

Just be sure to take a scrap of wire and strip a few inches off, strip the
individual wires, inspect for nicks, cut, and repeat.  I'll usually take 6
feet of wire and do this in about 4" pieces till it's down to nothing.  By
then you should have gotten a feel for it.

- Chris