Re: wire stripper recommendation

"Christopher Glaeser" wrote in message
> What is your favorite wire stripper and why?

I like the kind with one cutter on the end which you use for all sizes of
wire. Like this...
http://www.action-electronics.com/grc/xc101sv.jpg

Once you learn how to use this and can cut through just the insulation and
not any strands of wire and not nick solid wire (learn the right touch), you
can quickly strip all sorts of different sizes of wire.

And it always seems no matter what type of electrical work I am doing, there
are different sizes of wire I am stripping with the same project.

For example electrician work on a home, might strip 8 ga., 10 ga.,12 ga., 14
ga, etc. And then stranded wires for a doorbell transformer and the small
wires going to a door bell button.

But this is NOT good to use if you don't know how to use it! You can nick
solid wires or cut some of the strands from stranded wire. Then if this is
carrying house voltage (120VAC) and amperage, the wire will heat up and
possibly break/arc at that spot.

For coax cable, you can't beat these tools....
http://www.markertek.com/Cable-Management-Protection/Cable-Assembly-Tools/Xcelite-Tools/2CSKB.xhtml

A couple of turns around the coax and it cuts the inner insulation, wire
braid, outer insulation, then ready for F or compression connector.