Re: Ademco Vista 15P PGM output for armed condition

Effenpig1 wrote:
> On Nov 23, 1:40 pm, Tower Security<regsiem...@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Don't use Ademco much but have an application where the customer would
>> like an elevator disabled while the system is armed.  I think I've
>> seen pins coming off the board that references a PGM output?  Does
>> anyone know the details needed to give me a PGM output on a Vista 15p
>> that follows armed status?
>>
>> TIA
>> Reg
>> Tower Security Systems Inc.
>> regsiemens at hotmail.com
>
> I assume you are considering using an on-board relay in the panel to
> "break" a control circuit to disable the elevator. Before you commit
> to this you need to consider a few fine points. If the elevator is in
> use, will your setup allow it to finish its cycle?  What would happen
> in case of a failure of this "circuit" or the panel itself ? What does
> code say about this? How good is your insurance?

Elevator recall hookup is best left handled by the servicing elevator
company. You would need to use a 4204 relay module. You will have to run
a pair to either the elevator control room, or where ever the elevator
company makes the connections. Use fire rated wire, 18/4 minimum just in
case.

Jim Rojas