Re: Gate Sensor?

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> This is a gate to an RV pad...

Thanks.  I missed that.

> I don't think the mailman, newspaper carrier, or
> the UPS driver will be using it.  Particularly if it's
> got a sign on it that says it's "alarmed"...

Probably not.

> The best suggestion was the use of a camera
> and DVR combination.

That depends on what is being done once the zone is tripped.  If the output is
wired to a burglar alarm zone, I'd hesitatate to rely exclusively on video
motion.  Too many false alarms.  OTOH, if the video is going to be remotely
monitored, that would be fine.  Otherwise, I'd prefer there be at least one
other sensor ANDed to the output.

> You can set up the camera to switch the alarm output
> when movement of the gate is detected.  Then you'll
> have an image of the perp for the cops to see as well.

Nice, as long as you're doing something "else" to limit false alarms.  Your
thoughts?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass