Re: Gate Sensor?

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "CH®IS" wrote:
>>
>> [snip some valid stuff]
>>
>> The pull apart switch may be a good solution for you...
>
> I have only one objection to pull apart sensors.  You have to remember
> to reconnect them every time you use the gate.  Homeowners may be good
> at remembering but the mailman, newspaper carrier, UPS drivers, etc.,
> are not likely to do it.  That means every time someone other than a
> family member leaves the property it's necessary to go out and fix the
> thing again.  My guess is that after a while they'll stop using it and
> just bypass the zone.

This is a gate to an RV pad.  I don't think the mailman, newspaper
carrier, or the UPS driver will be using it.  Particularly if it's got a
sign on it that says it's "alarmed".  The best suggestion was the use of
a camera and DVR combination.  You can set up the camera to switch the
alarm output when movement of the gate is detected.  Then you'll have an
image of the perp for the cops to see as well.