Re: Ademco 15p and AD-2001 Dialer

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:K2pUl.130791$HZ1.123550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>>
>>> With no power to the phone, I don't think 1#1# (or any other combination)
>>> will work to restore the seized line.
>>
>> The person receiving the call can press 1#1# -- not the person on the
>> premises.
>
> You didn't make that clear in your response.  In fact, it looked to me like
> you were listing the various factors that would restore the phone line *at*
> the premises.

Sorry if I was unclear.  The simplest way to stop the AD-2001 dialer from the
protected premises when programmed the way I described is to disarm the
system.  In almost no case is it preferrable to set the AD-2001 for momentary
trigger because that makes the dialer continue even after disarming the
system.

>>> This could be dangerous for the end user as he's unable to use his phone
>>> for ten minutes.  Not all carry cells.
>>
>> Disarming the system will also kill the relay, immediately stopping the
>> dialer and releasing the line.
>
> That's not exactly true either.  The Visonic dialler won't hang up the line
> until you press "cancel" on the dialler itself.

Yes, it is exactly true.  We're talking about the United Security AD-2001 --
not Visonic.

BTW, I misspoke (mistyped?) a while back.  The AD-2001 can be programmed for 1
to 9 rounds of calls -- not just the three rounds I mentioned earlier.  It can
also be programmed to repeat the message up to three times per call.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics