Re: Newbie questions on alarms

"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> Below you will find the ramblings of a person named Bill...

I got the impression that Bill either works for or uses Alarm Relay as his
service provider.  He made some valid points.  It is important to read and
understand the monitoring contract.  Most of them, including Alarm Relay's
contract do contain an auto-renewal clause.  Alarm Relay says they will notify
the client two weeks prior to expiry so he can opt to continue or not.  That
seems reasonable.  Their price also seems reasonable, given they don't have to
install the systems -- just monitor them.

As to *some* alarm companies being worse than the thieves against whom they're
supposed to guard, there have been numerous threads here which support that
argument.

Here's my take on it.  Most alarm companies, and most technicians, try to do a
good job and try to give fair value for what they are paid.  However, there
are a few bad apples in this business, Brinks for example, whose business
practices make honest alarm installers cringe.  Is Bill being fair in his
assessment?  That depends on whom you ask.  Certainly there are plenty of
ex-ADT and ex-Brinks clients who would agree with him.  I know a few who think
pretty poorly of Monitronix, too.  Then again, there are clients who seem to
think these outfits walk on water.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass