Newbie questions on alarms

Hi!

I am interested in installing a home alarm system, but like anybody, I
am uncertain on which company to go with and what to get.  Many web
sites I've seen seem a little shady, and the company web sites are not
user friendly at all.  IE: GE, Honeywell.

The one that seems user friendly is the Smarthome SecureLinc alarm,
though I've read some negative things.  It looks like the majority of
people go with GE or Honeywell.  Here are my requirements.

1) I have two dogs, so I believe a PIR/motion sensor is out of the
question for the house.
2) I have a detached garage that I need monitored.  PIR, window
sensors, and/or a BMS for the overhead doors and service door is
possible.
3) Two keyfobs to arm/disarm the system.
4) I prefer to hardwire the system.  I like the convenience and easy-
setup of the wireless system, but I'm a little leery about the battery
life, false positives, and interference.
5) Prefer to connect it to my LAN for external monitoring.  I like the
idea of being able to receive email if the alarm goes off, and
utilizing a camera to see if I should call the police or not.
6) Money isn't an issue.  I like installing things myself and would
like to do it myself.  I have some experience in the security field
and feel confident that I can do this on my own.
7) I have 9 windows and two doors on the house.  I have 1 door, 2
overhead doors, and one (rather large) window in the garage.  I have a
1st floor and basement, and I'm able to access the attic in the house.

As I mentioned, I checked out the SecureLinc one and it seems to meet
all my requirements, but just want to know if there's something else
out there I should be going with...and where to purchase it.  I prefer
to also purchase it locally, but don't know where in the Chicago area.
(South side).

Thanks for the help!
Mike