Re: Newbie questions on alarms

On Jun 17, 3:20=EF=BF=BDpm, "Bob Worthy" <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Jun 17, 8:17?am, Frank Olson
>
> <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Crash Gordon wrote:
> > > But, a true DIYer would actually make his own gun and ammo.
>
> > He's got ya there, Jim!! ?:-)
>
> Welllllll ... =EF=BF=BDI don't know about that.
>
> The guy didn't want to "make" his alarm panel.
>
> But I've got an old "100" panel down in the basement that was made by
> someone. It's got two relays, a keyswitch, powered by an old
> Brightstar 6 volt battery and two 1 1/2 volt end of line cells and
> it's all mounted on a wooden board. Annnnnd it still works. =EF=BF=BDNow
> THAT's what I call ...... do it yourself!!!!!!!!!
>
> I heard Jim Rojas has tin cans on a string he pulled off a newlyweds car =
set
> up around the perimeter of his garage. Does that qualify as a DIY job?

I've said it here before but there's some people that would say that
my first alarm systems consisted of a trip vine  tied to a boulder
propped over the cave opening. As a matter of fact, they worked
fantastic but they were hell to reset and a false trip could be
fatal.

Monitoring was done by listening for the screams of the intruder at a
cost of only one pelt a month.

Of course there were always the guys who'd install the vine and bolder
for nothing and would charge 3 pelts a month and they would kill your
wife if you cancelled within 50 moons. Naturally there were some guys
who got the alarm installed and didn't pay on purpose.

Those were the days! That's when alarm systems were installed by
(almost) men. Besides, today we know that installing an alarm system
is so easy a mon ..... errrr a caveman could do it.