Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

On Feb 18, 10:00=A0pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > Secondly, when the alarm goes off, the police will be alerted... by
> > us! =A0Last I checked, police still take calls from private citizens.
> > We're lucky in that we live in a town where 911 calls go straight to
> > the dispatcher.
>
> Where else would a 911 call go, to the janitor?

I've heard stories you can get routed to an automated menu, or put on
hold, etc.  I'm not privy to the innards of other systems.  I'm only
speaking for my area.

> > Do you work in the industry? =A0It sounds like you have beef against
> > people that are willing to do it themselves..?
>
> Really? You are transparent as a piece of glass.

I think you have it backwards.  The response to my post was the
transparent one.  What was I transparent about?

> Do you think you are the
> first to come here with the "I want my alarm to call my cell phone" crap?

No, did I ever say I was?  :-)

Dave