Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

Dave wrote:
> Secondly, when the alarm goes off, the police will be alerted... by
> us!  Last I checked, police still take calls from private citizens.
> We're lucky in that we live in a town where 911 calls go straight to
> the dispatcher.

Where else would a 911 call go, to the janitor?

You get a call from your "security" system on your cell phone, no message,
just caller ID since the system can not communicate a message  to you...and
you call 911? What if you are out of your home area? Maybe the system is
reporting a trouble condition. What do you say when the operator says "what
is your emergency?" Is it a break in? A fire? Did the power go out? Low
battery? Or did your wife or child press the panic button?

> Do you work in the industry?  It sounds like you have beef against
> people that are willing to do it themselves..?

Really? You are transparent as a piece of glass. Do you think you are the
first to come here with the "I want my alarm to call my cell phone" crap?
Doing it yourself is one thing, being too cheap to have it professionally
monitored is quite another.

--
js