Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

On Feb 18, 11:17=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> And your concerned only about when your home. So what? =A0When the alarm
> goes off and doesn't alert anyone else, you're going to do exactly
> what? =A0 Shoot it out with the bad guys?

So if an intruder comes in, hears the alarm and decides to stay, I
should just cross my fingers and "hope for the best" while ADT/Brinks
calls the police?  Do you really think I have 5 minutes to spare while
I wait for the police?  It's better to be prepared and have the guts
to face the intruder if they come after you.  The Brinks/ADT
commercials are nice and all, but reality is much harsher.  There will
always be a few minutes that you're on your own, regardless of whether
or not you're monitored.

Secondly, when the alarm goes off, the police will be alerted... by
us!  Last I checked, police still take calls from private citizens.
We're lucky in that we live in a town where 911 calls go straight to
the dispatcher.

Do you work in the industry?  It sounds like you have beef against
people that are willing to do it themselves..?

Dave