Re: OT :Radio Shack

"Effenpig1" wrote...
> I was looking at the (weller?) cold heat soldering iron but the guys
> at my local electronics shop said it's not a good unit for teaching

> "proper" soldering. They recommended a rechargeable unit made by Wahl.

We have a cold heat soldering iron in the office.  It gets used less than
the other two real soldering irons we have... which never get used at all.

Basically, they're only good for the tiniest of connections.  Perhaps 30
gauge wire?  If you can make use of it though, it'll certainly make a
cleaner looked solder than I could ever do with a real iron.  I read
somewhere that it simply doesn't produce enough heat.

- Chris