OT :Radio Shack

When did radio shack stop making those little circuit board project
kits?

I went to get my kid a few for Christmas and they didn't have any, the
guy at the checkout said they don't make them anymore. Maybe too many
kids burnt their houses down with the soldering iron. I was going to
get him one of those battery operated "cold" soldering irons. They did
have a pretty neat kit with a solar panel and a few different projects
for it. No soldering though.

I figured I better start getting him interested in electronics early,
in a few years He'll be old enough to go out on jobs during the
summer.