Re: OT :Radio Shack

> When did radio shack stop making those little circuit board project
> kits?

Probably since people have been unwilling to read books/manuals to learn
things on their own. In my day we would build these things and buy books
which explained things if we did not understand how to put it together or
get it to work. These days they expect someone to tell them step by step how
to do something. I would imagine they go to the store and bug the heck out
of the people working there to tell them how to put something together.

And I had a multimeter at age 12. The 1st thing in the books I read was that
you needed a multimeter and they explained how to use it. These days adults
will try to do electrical work on their cars or do electrical work on their
homes and don't know what a multimeter is, let alone have one! They read
nothing before attempting to do this work!

I guess all you need to do these days is watch one 1/2 hour TV show and you
are then a qualified electrician?