Re: OT :Radio Shack

On Dec 21, 10:34=A0am, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa@/nospam/usa.com> wrote:
> http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/305/Kits/1.html
>
> You might have to rush shipping =A0but =A0they got a few...
>
> "Effenpig1" <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > When did radio shack stop making those little circuit board project
> > kits?
>
> > I went to get my kid a few for Christmas and they didn't have any, the
> > guy at the checkout said they don't make them anymore. Maybe too many
> > kids burnt their houses down with the soldering iron. I was going to
> > get him one of those battery operated "cold" soldering irons. They did
> > have a pretty neat kit with a solar panel and a few different projects
> > for it. No soldering though.
>
> > I figured I better start getting him interested in electronics early,
> > in a few years He'll be old enough to go out on jobs during the
> > summer.

I'm going to see how he does with the solder-less kits first. I
actually did find and bookmark a few similar sites last night. There's
a company called Elenco that makes some pretty neat kits. If he does
good with the smaller solder kits I'll probably get him one of the
robot kits.

When I was a kid my Dad and I built little telegraph boards with
buzzers and would sit in the living room talking in morse code. He
also was into ham radio, I still remember all the different antennas
all over the house.