Re: Life Sucks, Then You Move On

On Dec 8, 12:32=A0am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Yep...I got named in a suit because the house settled because the ground =
was
> not compacted properly...I failed to see how 30 lbs of low voltage wire
> would have made a difference...but the stupider thing was I didn't even w=
ire
> that lot #...although I did have contract for any low voltage on that tra=
ct.
> I got tossed immediately but still had to respond. Everyone gets named.
>
> --
> **Crash Gordon**
>
> "Effenpig1" <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Not an expert, but I do know this: if there is a lawsuit, everyone
> >> remotely
> >> connected with the alarm system installation, monitoring, and service =
is
> >> likely to be named as a defendant.
>
> >> I'm just saying.
>
> >> --
> >> js
>
> >> Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
>
> > I used to work for an electrical contractor. One of are former
> > customers had a fire. The insurance company dragged every contractor
> > that had ever done work there to court, electricians, HVAC, GC's, etc.
> > I wasn't called in because I had just started and never worked on that
> > particular job, but the guys told me the insurance lawyers were
> > vicious. The whole thing serves as a reminder to me to make sure I
> > have the proper coverage.

The one guy I worked with that called called to testify said they were
nitpicking every little detail. They wanted to know every single tool
he brought onto the site. He had been working on installing a wiring
trough. One of the tools he said he brought into the job was a fish-
tape. They were badgering him about why he had a fish-tape, because
you are supposed to "lay" wire in a trough, not pull it. How
ridiculous is that? Especially considering the majority of troughs are
fed with conduit and have multiple branch circuits exiting in conduit.
But they still beat him up over it