Re: Life Sucks, Then You Move On

Crash Gordon wrote:
> builders are a dead end for small company, you can't do enough volume and
> they're usually low-bid and pay slow - unless you get hooked up with a few
> custom builders...however right now there is NO builder market.

I live in a "summer home" type area and there are lots of big homes
being built all the time.  Folks like Tim Allen, Francine Mark, the
AMWAY family, Micheal Moore and many more less recognizable names (but
more money) have places here - shit, one guy already has two huge homes
within 50 miles of each other and is currently building one that had
three stories above ground with the top floor 10,000 sq ft and it gets
bigger from there.

I have a couple of high end builders that stay busy and have always
liked my work in the past.

I figure once I decide on a pricing structure I'll get them the info and
they'll either call or not - if they screw me on payment I'll consider
it lesson learned.

Another note - I was surprised how affordable the liability insurance is...