Re: Life Sucks, Then You Move On

Jim wrote:
> On Dec 5, 7:37�am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> JoeRaisin wrote:
>>> To be honest I really don't want to compete with them in the area of
>>> alarms.
>>> Over the years I've heard a lot of electricians griping about pulling
>>> the low voltage stuff - mainly cat-5 & RG-6. �I'm hoping they hate it
>>> enough to sub it out. �I already did it on and off for one guy but at
>>> the time I didn't really NEED the money (it was basically a hobby that
>>> put a few bucks in my pocket) and most of his jobs were an hour away or
>>> more so I stopped.
>>> I should probably give him a call...
>>> The main hurdle for me is going to be money. �There were a lot of money
>>> related issues after my son died (dying is expensive - but some of it, I
>>> must confess due to my own inattention) and I'm still trying to repair
>>> my credit.
>>> So I'm still gonna spread around my resume and beat the bricks, but jobs
>>> are pretty scarce in Michigan these days - gotta make that mortgage...
>>> Say, Jim... �You wouldn't happen to be looking for a consultant or
>>> subcontractor up north would you?
>> Never mind, Jim - I got my ng's mixed up again - in my other ng there's
>> a 'Jim' who owns a business in Michigan.
>>
>> Unless of course you are in Michigan...-
>
> I was gonna say .......... Michigan would be quite a stretch for me.
> Besides, I hate it when you're doing new construction in the winter
> and it's so cold that when you straighten out a coil of four wire, the
> outer insulation crackels and falls off .

The Genesis wire we used usually withstood straightening - it was the
stapling that did it in.  I had insulation shatter with almost every staple.

I would keep a couple rolls of tape inside my coat and rotate them
around.  I put a wrap of tape on the wire then staple.  The insulation
would crack, but so what?  It's already taped up!