Re: Zone Response Times (50ms or 750ms) for GEM-P816

On Aug 12, 10:33=EF=BF=BDam, HandymanYP <yeahpro...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks so much for your help Jim.
>
> 1) I'll try this. What do you mean by a "polarity issue"? From what I
> understand about the 5150, they are not polarized so adhering to a
> polarity standard is not required or possible.
>
> 2) The 5150s use piezoelectricity so they do not have a battery inside
> them. Not sure I want to start swapping out all my 5150s with another
> manufacturer since I'm not convinced that's where the problem is
> (since they adhere to all manufacturer specifications when tested).
>
> 3) I do not have motions in my house.
>
> I'm still convinced this has something to do with the fact that the
> zones that keep tripping are always on zones 9 through 12 and NEVER on
> zone 1 through 8. I may start swapping zones from one bank to the
> other in order to continue to troubleshoot the cause but then again I
> may just try to replace the whole panel.
>
> I'm sure someone out there has some more thoughts - please let me
> know!
>
> Thanks.

I install Napco almost exclusively but mostly only from the 1632 on up
so. I've installed a couple of 816's but don't remember too much about
them ...... however ..... I've got a couple of ideas, but before I
take the time to explain them all, please tell me where are you
obtaining zones 9 through 12? Zone doubling, EZM module, keypad? Also,
where are the shock sensors mounted? Are they in a different area or
objects than the ones that don't give you any problems?