Re: Zone Response Times (50ms or 750ms) for GEM-P816

HandymanYP wrote:
> Thanks Robert. It's not only a single sensor - it has happened with
> each sensor at least once on zones 9 through 12.but never with the
> sensors on any other zones (same sensors with same wireless
> configuration but on zones 1-8). Also, problematic sensors have been
> replaced more than once even though they successfully test to be
> within manufacturer specifications (13 ohms nominal resistance, 24
> ohms maximum resistance, 1 megaohm minimum resistance to trigger an
> alarm).
>
> Any other ideas on what could be causing this problem? It's making my
> alarm frustrating and almost worthless. Are the end-of-line resistors
> different for zones 9-12 on the P816 panel or anything else that makes
> these zones different and consequently prone to false alarms?

I don't use Napco wireless. But here is my 2 cents...

1. Check for voltage leaks across each 5150, then check the voltage
across the transmitter terminals. All it takes is a polarity issue in
some cases.

2. If the 5150's have a lithium battery inside them, they might be going
bad. You might want to use the Amseco GC20's instead.

3. If you have motions in your house, set the zones with the 5150 for
cross zoning with the motions. This should totally eliminate the false
alarms if done correctly.

Jim Rojas