Re: Computer virus???

Nick Lawrence wrote:
> Way to go!

The panel lockout function is NOT a virus.  Most of us *in the trade*
use it responsibly.  Most of us *respect* our customers because after
all is said and done, they pay us to protect them.  Our monitoring
station deals only with licensed security companies and dealers.  We
won't jeopardize our customer's security by allowing an untrained and
unlicensed "DIYer" to program their system to communicate with the
station receiver.

I have taken steps to ensure my privacy and that of the people I work
with.  I believe it to be the responsible thing to do considering what
I've seen Bass (and others) do here in the past.  Despite all that, I do
maintain a website through which I can always be contacted.

I believe it to be the responsibility of any security professional to
ensure that the best service is delivered to the client at a fair price.
  To this end, I try to respond to inquiries regarding security and fire
protection issues in this forum and in a few others with no personal or
commercial agenda.  Tom has accused me of deliberately "baiting" you (or
attempting to cause you harm).  That is the furthest from the truth.  I
did not intend to provoke you.  I apologize.  You can choose to believe
what (or whom) you want.  I've never lied in this forum (and Bass has
never been able to prove anything to the contrary).

We may disagree on the means to deliver services to our clientèle (long
term versus short term contracts, out-of-state monitoring versus
local...  the list is long and as varied as we are).  One thing is made
obvious.  We all have a passion for our work.  Stay well, Nick.