Re: PTC protected dual battery harness

I don't think anyone purposely sets out to overload a panel. I think an
installation occurs and at that time load factors are considered and
calculated. Then as things change and more power consuming devices are added
over time, then the problem is created. Everyone thinks adding just one more
keypad, wireless receiver or detector couldn't involve having to add another
power supply. Most times no one bothers to recheck the power load.
That's when you see what happens to the panel when the load approaches
"barely an AMP".