Re: PTC protected dual battery harness

>How much more "backup" does he need?  Most panels can handle recharging
>up to a 14AH battery (2 7AH batteries in parallel will fit in most cans
>if they're not "overloaded" with wire).

Frank, when more than one battery is connected in parallel, the correct way
to do it is to use some sort of overload protection in the battery leads.
Either a circuit breaker, a PTC device, or even a properly selected fuse.
Suppose one battery develops an internal short:  the good battery will
start trying to charge the shorted battery, and hazardous amounts of
current can flow.

A comment on the original poster's question:  I think it is monumentally
stupid for someone to take over 35 DMP panels (DMP's biggest and most
powerful panel, by the way) and not have a source for spare parts.  If he
can't even come up with a battery harness, what's he going to do when he
needs a keypad or a loop expander, or when one of those XR500 panels craps
out on Friday night?