Re: Double Cyliner Entry Set

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:yYZBj.18122$er2.7288@xxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
> >
> >>  I don't mind sharing with responsible dealers and we're not competing
for
> >> the same customers anyway.
> >
> > , but I could be.  Its not that hard...
>
> Feel free to do so if it suits you.  Getting started is not hard at all.
> You're right about that.  Keeping it going and making it grow is a bit
more
> challenging though.  In any case, if you ever want that source just ask.
They
> do a nice job for me.
>
> > ... I'll probably have a larger product line (different categories of
> > merchandise) with specific URLs routed to a particular
> category.
>
> A larger product line?

Yes.

> You're kidding, right?

No.

> My online stores currently
> have over 235,000 products and, taken together, half a million pages.

DYNAMIC content is the way to go.  You only have to write a few pages, but
I'm sure you knew that.  By the way, when I shut down the cart I had about
80,000 products listed in the cart, but I only had to write about 20 pages.
MySQL is your friend.  I was a little leary about writing my own perl
script, but PHP is some pretty cool stuff.  I've been learning perl too, but
a lot of stuff is so much easier and faster with PHP.  Probably use both if
I go back on line.

Even some of the tech support stuff can be managed the same way, but for
that it actually takes time to document.

> TTBOMK

No clue what TTBOMK means.

> they're the most diverse websites and certainly the most diverse
e-commerce
> sites in the industry.

Wasn't going to stay within the industry.  Also, I have not been sitting
still.  I've been learning quite a bit about coding and flow management.  My
background if you may recall is in CIS, and I was already profficient in
several languages.  Just takes a day or two to wipe the dust off those
cognitive areas and start writing code again.  If a previous employer had
not tried to stiff me I probably wouldn't even be in the alarm industry.