Re: home alarm system?

"Sallie" wrote:

> I hawk stuff, but other than changing a battery, I don't suggest people
> DIY...

I understand.  If they DIY they don't have to pay you to do it for them.  No
problem.  I sell direct to DIYers so of course I do suggest that *some* people
DIY.  Every so often I speak with someone who seems unable to handle the work.
When that happens I suggest they hire a pro.  That's not to common, mind you.
Installing and servicing burglar alarms is fairly simple stuff.

> Most are cheap bastards that piss and moan when they have to eventually pay
> the going rate for someone to come in and clean up their mess.

We must be dealing with two different segments of the population.  I find that
most people interested in DIY do so because they enjoy the challenge.  Some
are only looking to save money but that's not a bad thing unless they happen
to be saving by not paying you, right?  :^)

> Besides, if the guy wound up hitting this newsgroup on recommendation, he
> doesn't have a DIY clue.

The newsgroup is called ALT.SECURITY.ALARMS.  To someone looking for
information on security alarms this would seem a logical place to start.
However, I prefer they search [blatant plug] --> www.BassHome.com. <--
[blatant plug]

> Here's a hint - - why not go to the manufacturer's web site?

You think the manufacturer will help the gentleman?  IME, most alarm cturers
refuse to assist end users.  They prefer the user go either to an alarm dealer
or shop online, as long as the customer buys something without bothering them.

> Plenty of places that you're not overcharged for insurance.

It may have something to do with the value of the home.

> Unless you're pretty well to do to start off, or you like seeing old motion
> picture actors, voting republican won't help.

Heh, heh, heh.  We certainly agree there.

> Rojas?  I heard he took a managers job with Brinks in Florida!
> Unfortunately the job won't last.  He'll be out when they find out he
> knows what he's doing and the pay that he won't get equals $25,000.

Manager?  I never met a Brinks manager.  Do they actually supervise stuff?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics