Re: home alarm system?

"Sallie" wrote:

> And it just so happens this guy hawks alarm equipment.

Does it also just so happen you hawk installed systems?  Monitoring?  I'm just
curious.

> In Texas it's 10% and written into legislation, so if you;re paying
> $2000.00 a year for homeowners, you get a real 10% which is $200.

I'd love to pay only $2,000 per year for homeowner's insurance.

> If you want to fuck things up, do it yourself but realize that you'll
> eventually pay.

If you *really* want to &*^% things up, vote Republican.

> DSC1500?  No parts, no support because it's a bit old, although it's
> probably a 1550.  Still, no parts, no support.

So the gentleman has a 1550.  It can be upgraded if need be.  However, if he
can find a way to get the code he can easily get the manual from Jim Rojas.
If not, he has a choice -- go with a professional or DIY.  The deciding
factors should be his ability or willingness to do it (the work is pretty
simple) vs. the simpler solution which is to let someone else do it for him.
No big deal either way.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass