Re: Utah Integrator

news:9993ad97-86f8-4c79-89ed-e14672426034@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [...]
Park
> >> What are they looking for ..... a ski lift alarm or something to
> >> protect a canyon?
> >>
> >> You must be familiar with the area. CEO has large compound type home on
top
> >> of mountain. The company they were using fell off the face of the
earth.

> > Out there, that's an easy thing to do.
> >
> >> This client (company) is very active with their security program. Lots
of
> >> work on upgrades, additions, preventative maintenance, etc. on all of
their
> >> accounts. Camera work is planned for the Utah home now. I handle all of
> >> their security and fire here in Florida for the headquarters, as well
as,
> >> aviation and marine departments and execs homes. Over the years, I have
done
> >> several homes for the CEO but I am not going to Utah. They rely on me
> >> help them identify quality companies in other areas of the country when
> >> needed. Past that, it is their call.
> >
> > How do you identify that a company that you might choose has
> > "quality"?
>
> The customer will make the final decision.  Bob's probably capable of
> identifying "quality" companies because he knows what to look for.  It's
>   an interesting fact that a lot of distributors have a good handle on
> that too.  When we were looking for a guy interested in doing some
> sub-contract work that involved a good deal of travel around the
> Province, we didn't have a problem finding a quality guy.

Making good connections is worth its weight. The industry is small and when
one is active outside their local business, the help is there. I have made
it a point over the last thirty years to make as many good contacts as I can
and always remembered to return the courtesy. Sometimes there are Kicks and
Giggles, but hey, we are all big boys.