Re: New Vehicle Options

On Jul 11, 11:36 am, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 11:19 am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 11, 3:49 am, "CH=AEIS" <s...@xxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > "Robert L Bass" wrote...

> > > Being anywhere between 25-60 lbs., depending on which one you get, I'=
d say
> > > it's a little too heavy to be moving around a house 50 times a day.  =
On the
> > > other hand, all of these type of ladders I've seen (Little Giant bran=
ded or
> > > not) have been extremely stable and comfortable to be on.  For my own
> > > interest I just checked my current daily ladder... 13 lbs. and $70.
>
> > > So at 30 lbs. and $230 for the smallest/cheapest
> > > (http://www.littlegiantladder.com/little-giant/type-1.html), the weig=
ht
> > > would be a pain at times, and the price may be a little hard for mana=
gement
> > > to swallow.  If they could cut the weight and price in half, that wou=
ld be
> > > so much easier.
>
> > > On the other hand, for your space saving amusement, I can fit the 6' =
ladder
> > > into my little 87 Civic too.  Plus all the tools I normally need for =
an
> > > installation, and about 6-8 boxes of wire, and a few extra parts, and=
 that
> > > days equipment, and one seat left for me to drive in.  Doesn't mean i=
t's
> > > something I'd want to do everyday, but it can be done.
>
> > > Then again, I could also quit packing that damn 8' step / 14'(ish) ex=
tension
> > > ladder on top of the van.  The gas savings alone may make up for the =
cost.
> > > :)
>
> > > - Chris
>
> > RHC: Yeah, that ladder might be a problem. I have carried my 6 foot
> > stepladder in the vehicle, but it does require some careful packing,
> > and not something I'd want to do on a daily basis for sure. However,
> > in my case, I only need it occasionally, so it's not the same type of
> > problem you would encounter. Some small vehicles can have the
> > passenger seat go flat (Toyota Matrix), which is a decided advantage
> > in your case.
>
> > Like everything, the vehicle has to fit the situation. Not much good
> > if it doesn't unless the pro's beat out the con's overall....<
>
> Bob you're at least ninety fucking years old so the stories about you
> using anything metallic outside of a walker or portable crapper just
> aren't believable.
> Folks feel obligated to respond to you because it's kind of taboo to
> ignore a geezer when they get to rambling, but in the back of their
> minds they're hoping your home health aid will interject and take you
> back home for a diaper change. Then you can sit in front of the TV and
> watch Larry King Live with your volume cranked up to 100. Ah you old
> folks. What good are ya? Other than keeping florists and pharmacies in
> business do you goats have any redeeming values? And I don't count
> employing negroid home attendants as a positive.

RHC: Ah Tom...Tom...Tom....when will you young pups ever learn to
respect the wisdom of your elders !!!!

I'll have you know, I'm FAR from needing a walker or diapers !  I can
still climb ladders with the best of you guys; I can still install
systems as well as ever, and I now have the wisdom to know when to
walk away from a potential disaster of a job !! Us old geezers have
done or seen it all before. We can sit back and laugh at you young'uns
making the same mistakes we made years ago.....:)) Nor do I like
plastic much of anything. I shoot 1911's made of steel - no plastic
Glock toys for this boy !

About the only area where nothing has changed is when a curvaceous
ankle or butt walks by........only problem is at my age, all I can do
is look anymore.....

That's about the only thing I envy you young'uns for.....