Re: New Vehicle Options

"Robert L Bass" wrote...

> Get a 17' Little Giant ladder.  I had one for years and it would fold
> small enough to fit in the trunk of my old Camry.  They're heavy but solid
> as a rock.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Being anywhere between 25-60 lbs., depending on which one you get, I'd say
it's a little too heavy to be moving around a house 50 times a day.  On the
other hand, all of these type of ladders I've seen (Little Giant branded or
not) have been extremely stable and comfortable to be on.  For my own
interest I just checked my current daily ladder... 13 lbs. and $70.

So at 30 lbs. and $230 for the smallest/cheapest
(http://www.littlegiantladder.com/little-giant/type-1.html), the weight
would be a pain at times, and the price may be a little hard for management
to swallow.  If they could cut the weight and price in half, that would be
so much easier.

On the other hand, for your space saving amusement, I can fit the 6' ladder
into my little 87 Civic too.  Plus all the tools I normally need for an
installation, and about 6-8 boxes of wire, and a few extra parts, and that
days equipment, and one seat left for me to drive in.  Doesn't mean it's
something I'd want to do everyday, but it can be done.

Then again, I could also quit packing that damn 8' step / 14'(ish) extension
ladder on top of the van.  The gas savings alone may make up for the cost.
:)

- Chris