Re: New Vehicle Options

> "tourman" wrote...
>
> RHC: Well for a vehicle ONLY for sales and after sale service - no or
> few installations - I looked around and came up with a European style
> "mini van" made by Kia called the Rondo (called the Carens in Europe).
> It's a four banger, good on gas, with tremendous storage space. In a
> pinch, I can easily store a 6 foot ladder plus everything I would
> normally need for installation as well. My situation is somewhat
> unique, so I don't suggest this as an option for any sort of
> commercial alarm and security company, but as a small zip around
> vehicle that doubles as a service vehicle, it fits the bill perfectly.
> I notice a lot of local alarmco's use the Volkswagen bug as a vehicle
> for their sales staff, but this vehicle has that one beat hands down
> for "dual usage"IMO. Actual mileage 25 to 28 miles per Canadian gallon
> in the city and 30 to 34 on the highway (Note: US gallon is 1/8
> smaller than our equivalent). It's also completely equipped and a lot
> of fun to drive, and very inexpensive to buy (plus 5 year 60,000 mile
> bumper to bumper warranty)

I saw a Rondo a couple days ago around town.  My biggest concern on space is
the 6' ladder.  How exactly do you fit one into a Rondo?  And yes, of course
it needs to be inside whichever vehicle we go with... the multi-million
dollar houses with white carpet and mud-bogger-paradise driveways wouldn't
have it any other way.

Our sales guy has had a Kia Sportage (2005ish) for about a year now.
Considering the way he drives, and the fact it still runs, it seems Kia may
be reliable enough at this point.  The only problem other than the ladder
would be the apparent lack of a 4wd option on the Rondo.