Re: Cannot active program mode on Napco MA3000 ...

"dyz" <spambegone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thanks for the offer. I do have the manual. One thing I noticed is
> that, after entering the master code and pressing the [function]
> button, I can only reach the "ACTIVATE PROGRAM" display by further
> pressing the [function] button repeatedly; in other words, pressing
> [bypass] button repeatedly won't led me to the "ACTIVATE PROGRAM"
> display! I initially thought both buttons should reach "ACTIVATE
> PROGRAM". I wonder this maybe a hint.

Probably not.  It's been a while since I programmed an MA-3000 but
ISTR you had to start with [Function] and then the [Function] and
[Bypass] keys could be used to scroll forward and back through the
menus.

As to the other gentleman's comment about locking you out, he's
partly right.  The dealer can put a "Dealer" programming code in
which can then be changed.  But the "master" code is burned into the
chip by Napco.  That code cannot be changed.  Many alarm companies
remove the label with the code so the purchaser cannot make changes
without their help.  It's a sleazy practice.

At any rate, if you have that code, please use the dealer programming
method to find and/or change the user codes as needed.  The procedure
is different from entering user programming.  If the code you have is
not the "master" or if for any other reason it can't be made to work
let me know and I'll get you a replacement master chip.  It will have
a new code which you (and not the alarm company) will have.  Changing
it does not erase the panel configuration.  It just upgrades the OS
to the current revision and gives you a new code.  I don't recall the
exact price but it's around $20-30.  Hopefully you won't need it but
if you do at least it's not much.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass