Re: Cannot active program mode on Napco MA3000 ...

"dyz" wrote:

>    1) enter master code then press [function] button;
>    2) press [bypass] button repeatedly;
>    3) when "ACTIVE PROGRAM" is displayed, press [on/off] button
>
> The display immediately goes back to SYSTEM READY after 3). Is this
> a sign that the system is locking me out?

There are two levels of programming for the MA-3000 panel.  To access
user level programming, you need a level 3 user code -- not the
master (dealer level) code.  If the code you have is the dealer code
(the one printed on a label inside the panel, it's not the one you
need.  However, you can get into the dealer programming area through
that code to edit anything in the panel.

Be cautious programming the dealer area.  There are a few gotcha's in
there.  Napco panels are easier to program using the (free) Napco
software and a simple (cheap but not free) interface called a
PCI-MINI.  The dongle connects between a serial port on your PC and
the J3 jack on the lower right portion of the MA-3000 board.  If you
already have the PCI-MINI, contact me and I'll give you the software.
If you need it, ask and I'll get it for you.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics