Re: Fushion DVR

"Ned" wrote:

> I googled Fusion DVR from Honeywell. From what I have read, it
> appears to run a Windows O/S. I think this is fine for browsing the
> Internet but I am surprised it is being used for security
> applications considering the less than stellar reputaion for
> stability and security of the MS Windows O/S.  Do these Fusion DVRs
> have an established customer base and good track record?

You raise a valid point, Ned.  These DVR's do indeed run Windows
(specifically embedded XP).  However, they are not in the same
category as a PC running XP online.  For one thing, there is no
facility for installing games or other software.  They don't receive
email either.  Because they don't *browse* the Internet they're much
less susceptible to viruses and other nasty things than your desktop
PC might be.

We sell quite a few Honeywell DVR's and to date none have needed
warranty service at all.  I think you'll find their performance and
reliability to be as good as and sometimes better than most other
makes in the price range.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass