Fushion DVR

So I am trying to price out a Fusion DVR for a customer with an existing
Honeywell access control connection. I am going through the pricing and find
SKU for the Pentium D dual core and 512 MB upgrade. What a bargain! $1500.00
to have it installed at the factory and $2k to install it aftermarket on
your own. This is the retail pricing of course. I get so sick of DVR
manufacturers pricing stuff like this (and hard drives especially) with
beyond ridiculous markups. These manufacturers have to know this stupid
pricing limits their market. I had one Honeywell engineer remark that sales
of the Fusion and Rapid Eye DVRs were "brisk" at more than a hundred units a
month. The over the counter boys have a different take. At ADI they say
they've never even seen one, let alone sold one. Well  I thought I'd try
Anixter or Northern Video to check their pricing. Not so fast, Honeywell
Video sells direct or through ADI only. I always considered an AD Intellex
Ultra about the highest priced box DVR around. Seems like a pumped up Fusion
could give them a run for their money.