Re: PR: Honeywell Video - Discotinued and Oversock Products

Roland Moore wrote:

> I never really thought about what Bass does in dollar volume sales.

No one really cares either.  It's his bullshit we can't stand.

> $1.5
> million sounds like a lot of volume on one type of gear like burg, but it's
> not really so much with another type of gear like video.  I was crunching
> some numbers myself. For January this year we bought about $6K of just GE
> (small) burg/fire product and spent a lot of man hours installing it. For
> just Bosch video product it was about $40K and spent almost no time compared
> to the burg hours. I didn't look at any access control or fire numbers, but
> the delta for an access job versus alarm job is higher than regular alarm
> but less than video gear. (Except when it is time to purchase software or
> the annual SSA (software support agreement).

Bass doesn't worry about things like that.  All you have to do is click
on the appropriate link on his website and the DIY can download tons of
pirated software.  Why do you think he keeps that page up for the DSC
downloading software?  Simple...  All he has to do is change the name of
the file, instruct the DIY to visit the specific page and "voila".

> So it depends on what line he
> is selling more of.

I think he sells more "fishing line" than anything else.

  If it is video gear and/or access gear or even fire gear
> it would be far easier to hit $1.5 million than if it was just small burg
> stuff.

Bass sells "tons" of commercial fire alarm.  Helps the DIY design it
too.  He's completely conversant in all the codes.  And he's even taken
legal training.

> If you had that much volume with mostly burg gear and still had to do
> that much hand holding (required for DIY installations) it would have to be
> bigger than a one man show.

It's not rocket science.  Any "primate" can do it.

> I think he mentioned he could talk someone
> through programming in about 2 hours. I can't talk some customers into using
> their keypad properly in that amount of time, so he must be a great
> instructor over the phone.

Maybe you should give them Bass' number so you can go on to your next
job.  Leave the "education" to a real pro!  :-)

> A panel with more than 50 zones can take me up to
> 2 hours to write the program for (with custom English zones), download the
> panel and have the tech on site check each zone.

I'd leave the downloading to Rojas.  At least *he's* licensed (in
Florida).  :-)

> But on sales of just 4
> small burg systems a day it I believe it would be nearly impossible to hit
> $1.5 million.

Bingo!  There may be hope for you yet.

http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663