Re: PR: Honeywell Video - Discotinued and Oversock Products

>Do you honestly believe his "story" about how a >shopping cart website can
pull a company from near >bankruptcy to "averaging" $1.5 mil in annual sales
in less >than a year?...  C'mon...
>"Frank Olson"

I never really thought about what Bass does in dollar volume sales. $1.5
million sounds like a lot of volume on one type of gear like burg, but it's
not really so much with another type of gear like video. I was crunching
some numbers myself. For January this year we bought about $6K of just GE
(small) burg/fire product and spent a lot of man hours installing it. For
just Bosch video product it was about $40K and spent almost no time compared
to the burg hours. I didn't look at any access control or fire numbers, but
the delta for an access job versus alarm job is higher than regular alarm
but less than video gear. (Except when it is time to purchase software or
the annual SSA (software support agreement). So it depends on what line he
is selling more of. If it is video gear and/or access gear or even fire gear
it would be far easier to hit $1.5 million than if it was just small burg
stuff. If you had that much volume with mostly burg gear and still had to do
that much hand holding (required for DIY installations) it would have to be
bigger than a one man show. I think he mentioned he could talk someone
through programming in about 2 hours. I can't talk some customers into using
their keypad properly in that amount of time, so he must be a great
instructor over the phone. A panel with more than 50 zones can take me up to
2 hours to write the program for (with custom English zones), download the
panel and have the tech on site check each zone. But on sales of just 4
small burg systems a day it I believe it would be nearly impossible to hit
$1.5 million.

<use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Just Looking wrote:
> > Way too much sour grapes. All Bass is doing is taking the items on the
> > Honeywell "Authorized Dealers ONLY" page
> > http://www.honeywellsystems.com/buy/hvs/op/index.html for Outlet
Products

http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663