Re: FCI 7200 manual

"nick markowitz" wrote:

> I had tubes down my throat for drainage for several days
> and were not that bad they put them down thru my throat and biggest problem
> was when I moved some times they would gag me but worst was the respirator
> tubes they left in down my throat after surgery for 24 hrs because they had
> a hard time putting them in and they left them in case they had to go back
> in. nurses where moving me and chocking off my air at same time and I could
> not communicate because they had my hands tied down.
> finally got one of them to bring me a pen and paper so I could communicate
> when they were gagging my airline it was terrible experience

I remember when I woke up in the ICU after my surgery there was a respirator
tube and I couldn't talk or move either.  I don't recall if my hands were tied
though.  I remember being scared that they'd leave the thing in because I
couldn't tell them they were hurting me when they moved me.  I was fortunate
that they took it out within a few hours.  I think I only spend 1-2 days in
the ICU.  The next 4 days were agony with two tubes the size of garden hoses
in my chest and a 14" incision across my lower back.  At first they gave me
ballasts of morphine any time they were going to move me.  Later they switched
to PCA as the pain became manageable.

Well, tomorrow I see the oncologist to learn what they found in the PET scan.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics