Re: Brinks Home Security BBB Reliability Report

On Sep 20, 12:18?am, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wouldn't put too much faith in the BBB, its just a business whose income
> comes from its members renewal fees.
> As far as I can tell.All you need to do to resolve a complaint is send a
> cheque and become a member of the BBB
>
> Doug
>
> --

In my experience, only people who have problems, refer to the BBB.
They hardly ever check on the company they're going to do business
with, prior to doing business with them.

 It would seem that a National company like Brinks would go to great
lengths to resolve a BBB complaint just for the record. The cost of
resolving a problem with an end user, even if they think Brinks is in
the right, is much more valuable than what little they might lose in
satisfying the customer. Since they have so much exposure, if they
didn't maintain a fairly good record, when that "big" law suit came
around, their bad BBB record, would stand against them.

ie. Big companys can afford to have a "public relations" budget.