Re: Do the math, Joel!!

tourman wrote:
> On Oct 28, 6:17 pm, Frank Olson
> <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> You figure?  Let me clear up a little misconception.  First off, the
>> phone call to AlarmFarce that "starts the installation ball rolling"
>> seems pretty benign.  When the tech shows up, he's got a bunch of sales
>> hype with him that he lays on the customer.  All about "their" line cut
>> technology, protecting your family from fire with smoke detectors (that
>> he happens to have in his truck), additional door contacts to cover
>> those ground floor patio doors and windows (that he happens to have in
>> his truck), and all of this for a "small additional monthly fee" and
>> "zero installation cost".  They use questions like...  Is your family's
>> security worth an extra 5 cents a day?  It's all about "savvy
>> marketing", and in this instance, the "technicians" are the "point men".
>>   The customer sees them as the "experts" and they don't waste any time
>> "pointing out" the "holes" in the customer's security.  They're trained
>> to ask questions that are carefully phrased to make a "no" answer as
>> painful as a root canal.
>
> RHC: Yeah, I don't doubt it for a second. High pressure sales, fear
> based selling...all the best things our industry has to offer....:(((

There's a huge difference with AlarmFarce though.  Dealing with a pushy
salesman, while difficult for some people, is nothing compared to
dealing with a *technician* who's been professionally schooled in the
art of "upselling".  You've already made the decision to install their
equipment and the guy is right there doing the job.  The rest is Bass play.

>> Unfortunately they're probably still under contract.  One of those "term
>> agreements" that you hate so much.  I'm surprised AlarmFarce hasn't come
>> after you for tortuous interference.  ;-)
>
> RHC: No, I don't ever interfere with any client's (er..victims) long
> term contract. They must be free and clear of any foolishness of that
> sort. In most cases with previous Alarmforce's clients, these people
> have finally seen the light and dumped them after the contract was up.
> In several instances, it was after doing some reading on my site
> (chuckle)
 >
>> Websites like yours are wonderful educational tools.  I'm glad to see
>> you care so much.  Now where's that link tohttp://www.yoursecuritysource.com???
>
> RHC: Go to " www.homemetal.com/related.htm" and scroll to the bottom
> of the page. There she be buy !! (that's Newfie talk in case you
> didn't recognize it)

:-)