Re: Do the math, Joel!!

tourman wrote:

> RHC: Come on now Frank; you know as well as I do that their whole
> service offering is a mix of half truths, exaggeration and poor
> technical equipment.

Bass actually offers better equipment, but the rest is bang on.

> They sell the sizzle not the steak !!

I understand he grills a great steak.

> Why
> wouldn't they also exaggerate the size of their customer base ?

Why indeed!

> If people are that stupid that they buy Alarmforce's shit, so be it !

First off, people don't "buy" anything from Alarmfarce except their
hype.  Alarmfarce doesn't sell their equipment.

> A fool and his money are soon parted. I no longer feel as sorry as I
> used to feel for people allowing themselves to be fleeced by companies
> like Alarmforce. If people spent even a few minutes comparing service
> offerings by doing proper shopping comparisons, they'd quickly see
> through their garbage. If they don't shop, they get stung....

The only obligation an individual would assume in dealing with
Alarmfarce is the three year commitment at $25.00 per month.  They don't
pay for the installation or the equipment.  Consumers have to educate
themselves on what an alarm system should be doing.  Selling a single
door contact and a PIR isn't going to provide any sort of personal
security (unless you're living in an apartment above the fifth floor
with one entry point and no balcony).  Alarmfarce certainly doesn't want
to educate anyone in how inadequate their equipment really is.  Instead,
they hype their "two way voice" crap as the "cat's meow".  Burglars
don't "avoid Alarmfarce protected homes", they laugh at them.