Re: Do the math, Joel!!

RHC: Come on now Frank; you know as well as I do that their whole
service offering is a mix of half truths, exaggeration and poor
technical equipment.

> Bass actually offers better equipment, but the rest is bang on.

RHC: I wasn't talking about RLB, I was talking about AlarmForce, but
then I think you know that....

 First off, people don't "buy" anything from Alarmfarce except their
 hype.  Alarmfarce doesn't sell their equipment.

RHC: Yes, I know, and except in certain unique situations, renting a
small ticket item like an alarm system is their first mistake.

> The only obligation an individual would assume in dealing with
> Alarmfarce is the three year commitment at $25.00 per month.  They don't
> pay for the installation or the equipment.  Consumers have to educate
> themselves on what an alarm system should be doing.  Selling a single
> door contact and a PIR isn't going to provide any sort of personal
> security (unless you're living in an apartment above the fifth floor
> with one entry point and no balcony).  Alarmfarce certainly doesn't want
> to educate anyone in how inadequate their equipment really is.  Instead,
> they hype their "two way voice" crap as the "cat's meow".  Burglars
> don't "avoid Alarmfarce protected homes", they laugh at them.

RHC: As does everyone else who knows the first thing about alarm
equipment. I can't count the number of people who have come to me for
a real alarm system after AlarmForce wouldn't even change batteries
(in non-supervised wireless equipment.....to my way of thinking,
that's close to negligence....)

But what the hell; let the buyer beware !!