Re: Do the math, Joel!!

tourman wrote:
> RHC: Come on now Frank; you know as well as I do that their whole
> service offering is a mix of half truths, exaggeration and poor
> technical equipment.
>> Bass actually offers better equipment, but the rest is bang on.
>
> RHC: I wasn't talking about RLB, I was talking about AlarmForce, but
> then I think you know that....

Yep.  But the comparisons are simply too close for me not to comment.  I
figure Bass probably writes the scripts for the AlarmFarce commercials.

>  First off, people don't "buy" anything from Alarmfarce except their
>  hype.  Alarmfarce doesn't sell their equipment.
>
> RHC: Yes, I know, and except in certain unique situations, renting a
> small ticket item like an alarm system is their first mistake.

You figure?  Let me clear up a little misconception.  First off, the
phone call to AlarmFarce that "starts the installation ball rolling"
seems pretty benign.  When the tech shows up, he's got a bunch of sales
hype with him that he lays on the customer.  All about "their" line cut
technology, protecting your family from fire with smoke detectors (that
he happens to have in his truck), additional door contacts to cover
those ground floor patio doors and windows (that he happens to have in
his truck), and all of this for a "small additional monthly fee" and
"zero installation cost".  They use questions like...  Is your family's
security worth an extra 5 cents a day?  It's all about "savvy
marketing", and in this instance, the "technicians" are the "point men".
  The customer sees them as the "experts" and they don't waste any time
"pointing out" the "holes" in the customer's security.  They're trained
to ask questions that are carefully phrased to make a "no" answer as
painful as a root canal.

>> The only obligation an individual would assume in dealing with
>> Alarmfarce is the three year commitment at $25.00 per month.  They don't
>> pay for the installation or the equipment.  Consumers have to educate
>> themselves on what an alarm system should be doing.  Selling a single
>> door contact and a PIR isn't going to provide any sort of personal
>> security (unless you're living in an apartment above the fifth floor
>> with one entry point and no balcony).  Alarmfarce certainly doesn't want
>> to educate anyone in how inadequate their equipment really is.  Instead,
>> they hype their "two way voice" crap as the "cat's meow".  Burglars
>> don't "avoid Alarmfarce protected homes", they laugh at them.
>
> RHC: As does everyone else who knows the first thing about alarm
> equipment. I can't count the number of people who have come to me for
> a real alarm system after AlarmForce wouldn't even change batteries
> (in non-supervised wireless equipment.....to my way of thinking,
> that's close to negligence....)

Unfortunately they're probably still under contract.  One of those "term
agreements" that you hate so much.  I'm surprised AlarmFarce hasn't come
after you for tortuous interference.  ;-)

> But what the hell; let the buyer beware !!

Websites like yours are wonderful educational tools.  I'm glad to see
you care so much.  Now where's that link to
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com???