Re: An email from yoursecuritysource.com's hosting provider

Is a merely a lock out code a trade secret? If so, is this a trade secret
one that one dealer could take legal action against another dealer for
revealing? What legal precedence does this ruling follow? I don't know about
anyone else, but I have let me say "seen" a sheet of lock out codes from
nearly every other dealer in the trade area. I never even looked to see if
Brinks is on there since I wouldn't do anything other than toss the panel if
Brinks refused to take it back. ADT won't take their panels back, because it
is some sort of Sarbanes-Oxley thing with them. The information on the sheet
is not something that is used to attack another dealer, but more of a
convenience when a customer wants to change service. So what if I post a set
of random codes and call them Brinks lock out codes? What if by luck of the
draw I pick the same lock out code for my panels as their panels? I can't
use that code? In my opinion all this is mighty feeble thinking on someone's
part.