Re: Bass for President?

> Well the bridges situation is a state issue...

Apparently Leuck is unaware that funding of the US interstate highway
system is also federal.  In fact, the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956
required that the federal government pay 90% of the cost of the
interstate highway system.

> people losing their homes is a sub-prime issue caused by greed...

It's also both an indicator and a causative factor in the downward
spiral of the economy since the Shrub took office.

> why should the government spend on health care for kids...

The fact that Leuck doesn't understand why this is important
indicated the kind of person he is.

> when they could lower taxes, provide tort reform and
> allow the poor to buy their own health care...

When Repugnicans lower taxes the lion's share goes to the wealthiest
1% while working families are left in the cold.  "Tort reform" is a
euphymism for protection of big business against lawsuits from
ordinary Americans.

> And last I checked the government spent over 100 billion for
> Katrina damage, besides as a Ron Paul supporter the government
> shouldn't be involved in ANY of this

Much of the money has been misappropriated by dishonest politicians
(local, state and federal) and greedy corporations.  Insurers raised
their rates skyward while sending out "specially trained" adjusters
to deny coverage to tens of thousands of American families.  The rich
fought back.  The lower middle class and the poor simply lost.  They
did, as the Shrub would put it, a "keckova" job on working class
Americans -- the ones the radical right claim they care so much
about.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass